Puris are such a treat to the eyes and to the taste buds. The sight of a well puffed up puri excites everyone (not just kids). Some great combinations are 'Aloo-Puri', Chole-Puri' or 'Halwa-Puri'. It is made on special occasions from religious functions to weddings to birthdays. Enjoy this awesome South Asian unleavend bread that will take your breath away! Watch this how-to video to learn how it is prepared.
Chapatti Flour - 1.5 cups
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Warm Water - 1/2 cup
Oil - for deep frying
1. Mix the flour, salt and oil together.
2. Mix well to incorporate all the oil into the flour.
3. Add a little warm water at a time to form a dough.
4. Option A: A food-processor can also be used to make the dough.
5. Once the dough is made, smear a couple of drops of remaining oil coat it. Oil will help avoid forming a crust.
6. Cover and allow the dough to rest for about half hour or at least 10 minutes.
7. After the rest time, knead the dough once again.
8. Heat oil for frying the puris on low-to-medium heat. Allow it to heat very well.
9. Make balls of the dough (aprox table-tennis size balls). Makes 12-15.
10.Take one ball and roll it into a nice, smooth round ball with the palm of your hands.
11.Then press it flat.
12.Roll it out with a rolling pin to form a nice even round discs without using flour.
13.The puris are usually smaller than chapattis and a little thicker (so they can puff up).
14.Once the Oil is nice and hot, gently slide the Puris in from the side.
15.The Puri will settle at the bottom for a few seconds before it come up to float.
16.Once it starts floating, gently press on one side with a frying ladle. This will help the Puri to puff up.
17. After a minute or so, flip the puri and cook on the other side.
18.After another minute, scoop the puri to the side and drain out all the excess oil.
19.Put the done puri on a paper towel.
20.Serve hot and fresh with dahiwale aloo, chole or suji ka halwa
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades