Baking this loaf is a tasty way to use up those overly ripe bananas.
You Will Need
* 1½ c. all-purpose flour
* 1 tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* ¼ tsp. salt
* 2 large eggs
* 1 c. sugar
* ½ c. vegetable oil
* 3 to 4 bananas, mashed (1½ cups)
* 1 tsp. vanilla
* A metal loaf pan
* A cooling rack
* A pinch of cinnamon (optional)
* ¾ c. walnuts (optional)
* ¾ c. chocolate chips (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour the loaf pan.
Step 2: Sift ingredients
Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
Add a pinch of cinnamon if you like.
Step 3: Beat the eggs
Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer or whisk on medium until well blended, about six minutes.
Step 4: Add the oil
Gradually mix in the oil, and then the bananas and vanilla.
Step 5: Fold in flour
Fold in the sifted flour mixture with a wooden spoon.
Add walnuts or chocolate chips, or a combination of both, if you like.
Step 6: Bake
Pour into the loaf pan and bake until a toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, an hour to an hour and 15 minutes.
Step 7: Let it cool
Let it cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and cooling completely on a rack.
Fact: A cluster of bananas is called a hand, and consists of 10 to 20 bananas, which are known as fingers.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades