Enjoy this tasty treat anytime with this fast and foolproof recipe.
You Will Need
* 1 c. all-purpose flour
* 2/3 c. yellow cornmeal
* 1 tsp. baking powder
* ½ tsp. baking soda
* 1 tsp. salt
* 1/3 c. sugar
* 1 c. well-shaken buttermilk
* 2 large eggs
* 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
* An 8-inch square or round baking pan
* A cooling rack
* ½ to 1 c. fresh corn kernels or canned kernels, drained & rinsed (optional)
Step 1: Preheat oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease an 8-inch square or round baking pan.
Step 2: Mix dry ingredients
Mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
Step 3: Whisk the buttermilk
In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, and butter.
Throw in fresh corn kernels, or canned, drained ones, if you like.
Step 4: Mix batter
Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and mix until the batter is moist and lumpy.
Step 5: Bake
Pour the batter into the pan and bake it until the toothpick stuck in the center comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
Step 6: Cool it
Let it cool about 10 minutes before removing it from the pan and letting it cool completely on a rack.
Fact: South Pittsburg, Tennessee is the "Cornbread Capital of the World."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades