Chef Sanjay Thumma shows how to cook a sweet semolina-filled poori in this simple video tutorial. Heat one and a half cups of water to nearly boiling. When heated, add one cup of semolina. When the mixture begins to thicken, add one and a half cups of sugar to the mix. Add some cardamom powder and cook slowly until the mixture becomes very thick. Let the mixture cool and form into small dumplings. In a separate bowl, take whole-wheat flour and add oil and water in a well in the middle until you have a medium-stiff dough. Take a ball of the filling and a ball of dough the same size. Roll the dough out into a small circle and stuff with the filling, then roll it flat again. Fry the poori in hot oil until golden and bubbly, or fry on a griddle if you want a slightly different taste. When done, you have a simple, sweet Indian treat to enjoy as a snack or at the end of a meal.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades