- 1 package dry yeast
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (105° - 115° F.)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- Stir together yeast and sugar into 2 cups of warm water and let sit for 3-5 minutes, until foamy. Fit Cuisinart® food processor with dough blade and then add flour and salt to work bowl. Process for 20 seconds.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 cup of cold water to yeast mixture through feed tube in a steady stream. Process for 35 seconds.
- Once dough pulls away from sides of work bowl, process for another 40-45 seconds until well kneaded. Then place dough in plastic storage bad to let rise to double the size. This usually takes 45 minutes.
- Divide the dough in half and roll out each half into 10-inch rounds on surface dusted lightly in flour. Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil or cooking spray and then place rounds on tray.
- Slice decorative slits in the dough and then pull edges to widen the slits for the sake of appearance. Brush with remaining olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cover in plastic wrap sprayed with vegetable oil cooking spray and then let rise again until puffy (usually takes 20 minutes). Preheat the oven to 450° F.
- Bake until golden, usually for about 20-25 minutes. Let cool for a few minutes, and then serve warm.
While you're stuck at home, make the most of your time by learning a new language, skill, or even train for a remote-work job with our new premium online courses.
Check them out >