How to Mix perfect homemade pastry dough
Making the perfect pie crust is easy and it cost just pennies. Watch this how to video to learn an easy recipe for pasty dough. Everyone will be raving about your homemade baked goods. All you need for the pastry dough is: flour, sugar, salt, butter, egg yolk, water and shortening.
1. In a food processor add flour, sugar and salt.
2. Next add well chilled butter and well chilled shortening.
3. Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
4. In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
5. Pour over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
6. Now remove the dough, cover and chill for a ½ hour.
7. Flour your work surface and rolling pin when working the dough.
8. Roll to desired size.