Making the perfect pie crust is easy and it cost just pennies. Watch this how to video to learn an easy recipe for pasty dough. Everyone will be raving about your homemade baked goods. All you need for the pastry dough is: flour, sugar, salt, butter, egg yolk, water and shortening.
1. In a food processor add flour, sugar and salt.
2. Next add well chilled butter and well chilled shortening.
3. Pulse 3-4 times for 2-3 seconds each time, until crumbly.
4. In a small bowl blend egg yolk and water.
5. Pour over the flour mixture in the food processor and pulse 2-4 times, for 2-3 seconds each time, until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the bowl and clings together.
6. Now remove the dough, cover and chill for a ½ hour.
7. Flour your work surface and rolling pin when working the dough.
8. Roll to desired size.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.