How to Make fantastic garlic bread
Don't reserve this delicious bread for Italian meals; it goes well with almost everything.
You Will Need
* Four medium garlic cloves
* ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
* 1 tbsp. olive oil
* A loaf of Italian or French bread
* 4 tsp. garlic paste or 2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
* 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
* 2 tbsp. Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated (optional)
Step 1: Preheat broiler
Preheat your broiler.
Step 2: Prepare the garlic
Mince the garlic gloves with a knife or put them through a press, and then mash them with the side of a heavy knife blade until they are the consistency of paste.
You can substitute one teaspoon of garlic paste or one-half teaspoon of garlic powder per garlic clove.
Step 3: Combine garlic and butter
Mix together the garlic, butter, oil, and parsley, if using, until smooth.
Step 4: Spread on bread
Cut the bread in half, lengthwise, and spread the garlic-butter mixture on both halves.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top if you like.
Step 5: Broil
Broil until golden brown, about five minutes.
Fact: Since 1979, Gilroy, California has hosted an annual garlic festival that includes the crowning of a "Miss Gilroy Garlic" queen.