Don't reserve this delicious bread for Italian meals; it goes well with almost everything.
You Will Need
* Four medium garlic cloves
* ½ stick unsalted butter, softened
* 1 tbsp. olive oil
* A loaf of Italian or French bread
* 4 tsp. garlic paste or 2 tsp. garlic powder (optional)
* 2 tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
* 2 tbsp. Parmesan or Romano cheese, grated (optional)
Step 1: Preheat broiler
Preheat your broiler.
Step 2: Prepare the garlic
Mince the garlic gloves with a knife or put them through a press, and then mash them with the side of a heavy knife blade until they are the consistency of paste.
You can substitute one teaspoon of garlic paste or one-half teaspoon of garlic powder per garlic clove.
Step 3: Combine garlic and butter
Mix together the garlic, butter, oil, and parsley, if using, until smooth.
Step 4: Spread on bread
Cut the bread in half, lengthwise, and spread the garlic-butter mixture on both halves.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top if you like.
Step 5: Broil
Broil until golden brown, about five minutes.
Fact: Since 1979, Gilroy, California has hosted an annual garlic festival that includes the crowning of a "Miss Gilroy Garlic" queen.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades