How to Bake whole wheat banana but bread
Banana nut bread is a delicious breakfast or snack option. The whole wheat flour used in this recipe makes it even a better and healthier choice. Look out for the tangy cranberries! Watch this how-to video to get the recipe for banana nut bread.
Whole Wheat Flour - 2 cups
Ripe Bananas - 3, mashed
Butter - 1/2 stick (2 oz), melted
Egg - 1, well beaten
Sugar - 1/2 cup (1 cup optional)
Applesauce - 4 oz (1/2 cup), plain or flavored
Baking Soda - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
Pecans or Walnuts - 1/2 cup, chopped
Dried Cranberries - 1/4 cup
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together dry ingredients so there are no lumps: whole wheat flour, sugar, salt, baking soda
3. Add butter, egg, applesauce, vanilla extract, mashed bananas and mix well to form batter.
4. Add in chopped nuts and cranberries and mix again.
5. Pour batter into a greased bread loaf pan and smooth out the top with a spoon.
6. Bake in 375 degree F oven for 1 hour. (Be sure to keep an eye on the bread as all ovens are different)
7. Allow the bread to cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
8. Banana nut bread keeps well in the refrigerator for about a week. Toast a slice in your toaster oven and spread a little butter on top before serving.
Tip: Banana Nut Bread freezes well in a ziplock bag - remove air from the bag before freezing.